What is an ILO ?
Prepare for the new era!
The ICO is dead. The IDO is dead. What will be the next trend?
It is a big disappointment to get into a sought after launch, wait for the launch to happen, get into the “presale”, only to see moments after launch that the token is immediately dumping.
Who’s dumping? How is it dumping? Is the team soft rugging? You see these questions so often. Surprisingly, it is usually just the VC’s, seed sale, private sale and presalers having a dumpfest on one another to see who can exit quickest with the best ROI.
This is detrimental to a project and the teams behind them. Removes all motivation and gives them no breathing space to actually deliver their roadmap. The roadmap never gets accomplished and the project dies.
We have seen this too often. Are we not all sick of this? Is this what crypto is really about?
Astronaut is here to bring on the new era and trend. No longer should VC’s and private sale have such a huge advantage over the community and team. No longer do presalers just buy to dump on the liquidity coming in at launch. How did we figure out a way to solve this? Through a system called an ILO.
What is an ILO?
An ILO stands for initial locked offering. It might sound like it is just a 100% vested launch, but it is far from it. It is basically 100% locked initially, but also 100% liquid initially.
We will go over the process and technical aspect step by step.
Astronaut will have an NFT marketplace, staking and a launchpad. On launch no-one will hold any tokens, besides for the teams liquidity tokens. We will never sell a single token to VC’s, private sale or presalers.
Instead, we will offer unique presale NFT’s for purchase on the launchpad.
Eg: Project A: 100k Raise = $100 Per NFT — 1000 NFT’s ILO for Project A Presale
Eg: Project B: 150k Raise = $100 Per NFT — 1500 NFT’s ILO for Project B Presale
Each project will have a different set of simple but unique NFT’s — not meant for their art but for their utility.
These NFT’s have multiple utilities.
- The first and most obvious utility should be its main usecase; These NFT’s will allow you to “withdraw” tokens from a pool that holds the “presale” tokens. Consider it like a vesting contract, that’s transferrable in an NFT form that slowly releases tokens daily from a pool. (holding the NFT in your wallet gives you easy access to “stake” in the pool )
- It is important to note the difference from a vesting contract; The fact that they will be sellable and liquid on our native NFT marketplace! Outsiders can come in and buy the NFT which will give them access to the token pool. The team can also bid on them as a way to “buyback” at cheapest price levels.
- Projects can research and analyze current NFT holders at anytime giving them certain extra benefits (will cover on another article)
- The pools will give linear APY’s meaning those NFT holders who prefer to receive and stake their NFT’s at a later date will receive higher %’s on the staking, hence more tokens. (holders who really believe in the project and team they invested in)
- VC’s and private sale NFT’s will be available (during the next phase) but they will all be on the same standing ground as anyone else. They will just have the opportunity to buy more “NFT’s” and will slowly receive the tokens as they release in the pool just like everyone else.
- Very special utility — Unrevealed. (TBA)
Why is this good for everyone?
We believe this system is highly beneficial to everyone including the presalers, vc’s, launchpad, and team.
This system allows you as the presaler to get tokens at launch price meanwhile farming them over time, selling them or using the marketplace to sell the “NFT vesting contract” to someone else at your asking price. Not just buying presale to dump right away on the rest of the community.
It doesn’t scare away the native community or even presalers who have high interest in the project from getting in on launches and really pushing the project. ILO’s will have the same initial push as stealth launches — a bullish sentiment with ability for prices to skyrocket. Without any presale or private sale to dump on them.
The launchpad remains safe knowing it is launching projects with potential to provide huge ROI for all parties.
Most importantly it gives the project team a very long time to build the community, product and expansion of the project. With this the effect should lead to community and rapid price growth.
Astronaut team is working hard building the launchpad, NFT marketplace and all the functions to assure a smooth and simple process for the user and projects.
We will offer other types of launch “styles” besides for the ILO as well.
The goal will be to bring in only the best teams to launch projects on Astronaut. High requirements will be in place to get launched on Astronaut. We hope to continue to deliver top of the line ROI for the ILO presalers.